Thursday, September 15, 2016

Scrappy Christmas Star

One of the projects I am working on is some Dwell houses using Christmas fabrics.
After making the roof pieces, there are some HST leftover and I thought that I would try to use them in another project.
After browsing through Pinterest, I came across the Scrap Jar Stars tutorial by Amber @ A Little Bit Biased and decided to make a block using her great tutorial.
I found a few more little Christmas print scraps to use for the patchwork piece in the centre of the star.
And it didn't take very long to sew it all together - I might still add borders to make it into a pillow.
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. I love that quilt and mean to make one! Great way to use up those scraps - will make a brilliant coordinating cushion. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrappy star will make a lovely cushion indeed, oh, and that little koala with the Christmas hat is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun Kirsten. Spotlight have a lovely selection of Scandi Christmas fabrics out already, very tempting.

    ReplyDelete