Thursday, September 10, 2015

WIP - Skipping Stones

A few weeks ago, I drove up to Fifis Fabricology on the Gold Coast to do a "Skipping Stones" quilt workshop with Kelley.
The pattern requires a jelly roll but as I have quite a bit of a stash of Parson Gray "Curious Nature" fabrics, I easily cut enough WOF strips prior to the class.
And these are the 2 blocks that I made whilst were there - I am probably going to make 12 blocks for each quilt to make it larger as I think this would be a perfect quilt to make for my twin boys who turn 18 next year.
This is the wonderful class sample that Kelley made which I had seen at the Quilt show last year. She has also used Parson Grey fabrics - a mix of Curious Nature and Empire I think...
Anyway, it is good to have made a start on the first of these two quilts - I have a year to work on them as the boys only turned 17 last week:) I am trying to keep the quilts a surprise though so hoping to work on them further when the boys go away to Cambodia for a school Immersion in October. 
Linking with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely start, I do really like Parson Grey prints! This will definitely be perfect for boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes! Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blocks you have made so far, looks like it could be a really versatile pattern with different fabrics too. Great idea for your boys' quilts.

    ReplyDelete