Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday - RLD binding.

The binding for my Red Letter Day quilt is made from Bonnie &Camille "Sundae Stripes" which are one of my all time favourite prints.
I haven't really done a scrappy binding before but after seeing some of Camilles quilts when she bought them all the way to Australia, have decided to give it a try this time. 
Some of these prints are from Ruby and a few from the newly released Miss Kate range, and I think they will go well with the Bliss flannel backing.. 
A huge thanks also to one of the lovely ladies at the RLD workshop in Brisbane who gave me some of the navy print which completed my Sundae scallop collection!.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Linking to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely print and perfect for binding. I think it's going to look fab. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy bindings are fun! Enjoy finishing up the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What perfect binding Kirsten! I love that you've collected so many colours of the scallop print, it's just gorgeous. I think the navy might be my favourite, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love those sundae scallops, but I was far too late to the party to start collecting - they'd have made fab binding!

    ReplyDelete