Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Feathers quilt

My goal over the recent school holidays was to get the feathers quilt top put together and I am pleased to say that it is done and at about 81 wide x 90" long, It barely fits on my loungeroom floor!  
I have had these feather blocks from my wonderful AusModBee group here for almost a year now and ended up keeping the layout similar to the original Anna Maria Horner pattern.
Another member from the AMB group (@lorena_in_sydney on IG) is also putting her feathers quilt top together - she sent out a mix of AMH fabrics for the bee members to make her feathers from and it is going to look amazing! 
The backing is also made using a strip of the feathers and another Denyse Schmidt print which I think was from the Daisy Mae range which matched perfectly with the acid yellow/greens of Chicopee. It is a good thing that this photo was taken on a cold and dreary winters day as it is so bright!!!
So here it all is folded up ready to off to the long arm quilters as this one is much too big to me to handle here on my little sewing machine.
Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. That's a lot of feathers too! Very pretty Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love this quilt forever- it's an heirloom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I love the feather pattern and fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm about to embark on something similar as well... You're giving me incentive to tackle mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I love the way that some of the feathers go in different directions.The backing fabric looks fab. Can't wait to see how you get it quilted.

    ReplyDelete