Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sew Sew Modern 4 swap

My partner in the SSM4 swap has received her parcel so I can now share a few more photos of what I sent.
I used Anna @ Noodleheads fabulous "Super tote" pattern to make the bag, with a lighter weight dark grey/blackish denim for the handles and gusset. 
After spotting some of Martha Negleys lovely feathers fabric on my partners blog, I decided to use it as the main print for the bag, along with a pieced AMH feather for the front pocket.
She also enjoys doing knitting and crochet so I made a little crochet  hook roll up to carry around her hooks.
 And because my partner's blog has a bit of a "mushroom " theme, I used a couple of cute aqua and red fabrics with mushroom prints to make the roll up.
As you can see from her Instagram photo above, she has already filled the roll up with her collection of crochet hooks - maybe I should have made it a little longer:)
The final mailing date for the Sew Sew Modern swap is Monday 10th February so I am sure there will soon be lots of fab parcels making their way across the globe.
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory .
Finish Along 2014
And this is the first of my Q1 finishes for the FAL hosted by Katy at The Littlest Thistle.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Love the feather theme you've got going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I love what you made. The giant feather is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so awesome! i love the pieced feather front for a bag and the roll is a super idea. super job, K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bag and such a great idea about hooks roll! Very useful :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great attention to detail! Beautiful bag and crochet needle holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the feather block and fabrics together!

    ReplyDelete