Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday - August Bee Blocks

Now that I have finished off a couple of quilts that were in progress, I need to concentrate on making the bee blocks for August. First up are the word blocks for Cat in the Aus Mod Bee - she sent out a lovely bundle of fabrics along with one of the cute printed panels from Cat and VeeAnd as I needed an alphabet pattern to work from , I also bought a copy of Tanya Riccuci's "Word Play Quilts" book which is just fabulous! Just need to decide on which word to sew now...
And for the Simply Solids bee, this month Amira has asked for some wonky cross blocks using this tutorial. And speaking of this bee, Adrianne has just finished her stunning  "Pistols At Dawn" quilt which we made the blocks for earlier this year. Just love seeing these bee quilts finished!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Love that pistols at dawn quilt. I don't have the word play book, but I've read a lot of her blog and love sewing letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely materials...looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. Marie

    ReplyDelete