Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIP - Just three for July......

I am pretty happy that I managed to get my "3" things done for June, especially as a few of them were belated presents!

1. Made a Noodle head "241" bag for my Sister-in-law's birthday present which was at the start of May.
2. Made my Mum a very late Mother's Day pressie - her starsign is"Leo" so I used some Echino  Lion fabric to make a simple pillow.
 3. Made a bag using Annas @ Noodlehead's "Go Anywhere" bag pattern - I used the Navy Echo Blooms again as it is so lovely!
I also made another "Typo" 241 bag and a few potholders using Granny squares and also a round one from the Zakka style book.
Now for July's Just three:
traceyjay quilts
1. I recently won some "Thangles" from Shannon, so I would like to try them out as I haven't used them before.
2.   I would really like to get more done on my Swoon quilt, as mentioned here. I still have six blocks to go, but if I sew at least one more block I will be nearly halfway!

3. Make  a sewing machine cover for my new Singer 160. I had these fabrics out last week, which were sent to me by my friend Debbie and I am planning to use them for to make this.
Linking to Just 3 with Tracey  @ Traceyjay Quilts, and to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

11 comments:

  1. Just 3 would be perfect for me. I have to remember this when I come back. I also need a sewing machine cover. Oh no, the list for things to be done is growing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never on the pressies anyway! I also have some Thangles I really want to try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just three...but such pretty ones! And your sewing machine cover is going to be very well dressed with that pretty fabric! If only I didn't have just three things on my list.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh - thangles are awesome! so are your projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those bags are so great! I like the navy.
    Good luck with July's goals, and thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thangles are so fab - I tried them out a couple of months ago and they are really clever. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All sorts of goodness going on there! I really need to make one of those purses!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that 241 tote, I need to make one of those!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great idea to get WIP done. I have way to many sewing and other projects to finish. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm adding you to my bloglovin' list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such great taste in fabric, I'm scrolling down the blog post and saying to myself - "that's on my wish list, that one too..." I do have the typewriters and Echo in my stash and have always wanted to try the bag pattern you used.

    ReplyDelete