Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beef and Mango Stir fry

It is summer here in Australia and our mango tree is usually filled with of ripe mangoes about now - but due to the huge amount of rainfall here last year, sadly we have none :(   
 
 We try to use up our mangoes (when we have bucket loads of them) by making Mango Chutney, and we also cook Beef and Mango Stirfry. We haven't had it for a while so my hubby bought a couple of mangoes to make this delicious stirfry to celebrate Chinese New Year yesterday:
1. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and marinate the thinly sliced beef strips in the fridge for about an hour.
2.  Heat the sesame oil in a wok and add the beef strips - stir fry until browned. 
3. Mix the ingredients for the sauce and add to the beef, cooking until heated through. 
4. Add ginger and spring onion - you can also add snow peas, sliced carrot, broccoli, capsicum or other vegetables if you wish.
4. When the sauce thickens, add the mango slices and serve with rice.

Enjoy:) Linking to Debs "Tuesday at the Table" @ A Quilters Table where you will find some great recipes and stories.


Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Okay now Kirsten, this sounds AMAZING! Unfortunately I'm the only one in our family who likes mango, but I still may need to try this sometime.

    Sad that you have no mangoes on your tree this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, my stomach is rumbling here (and it's nearly bedtime lol) When I get off the 'no carb' phase of my diet, this is definitely going on the list, I LOVE mango (in fact when we lived in Nigeria when I was a baby/toddler my parents used to strip me, plonk me in the empty bath tub, and let me loose on them :oD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that looks so good!! Thanks for linking up, Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore mangoes - what a shame you don't have any - we can't grow them this far south so i have to get my fix from the greengrocer - and i have to eat them in the bath - they are the messiest of fruit!

    ps - they make awesome daquiries too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so making this! Love that you posted the photo with a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, Kirsten! I love mangoes and am just a bit jealous of your mango tree. So sad that you didn't have a crop this year!

    ReplyDelete